Back-end Software Engineer FOS (.NET)
The FOS Continuous Improvements Team are responsible for systems used by the Investment team and Mandate Compliance. The team has responsibility for enhancing and/or redeveloping the existing systems, as well as the development of new systems, to facilitate efficient and robust working practices for the business. The team also supports business expansion, fund takeovers and new product launches.
We are currently working on a variety of systems using different technologies, so the exact skills of the individual hired will influence what they may work on.
About the client
A globally recognized Edinburgh-based wealth management firm whose range of funds and investment trusts is widely considered by financial advisers as some of the most attractive investment opportunities on the market.
- Working on existing code bases for systems that generally have Oracle back ends, with .Net middle and front tiers. These are generally Win Forms, SSRS Reports or processes.
- Being involved in database development, creating new functions/procedures/jobs etc and reducing the technical debt when enhancing existing code.
- Ensuring all code is kept under source control between TFS and GIT.
- Maintaining business user contact, interacting with other team members and engaging in the full software lifecycle – including gathering requirements, conducting analysis and carrying out technical design.
- Woking with a Kanban methodology.
- C# / .NET (Minimum 2 years)
- Oracle PLSQL / SQL (Minimum 2 years)
- Source Control – TFS/GIT (Minimum 2 years)
- Agile development (Minimum 2 years)
- Web Technologies
- Continuous Integration / Delivery and Containers
- DevOps and Service Oriented Architecture
- Reporting development
- Financial industry experience