Data Engineering Lead
We’re looking for Data Engineers to be involved in the evolution of a retail patform. Our client, founded nearly twenty years ago, wants to capitalize on the growing amount of data available to Consumer Packages Goods (CPGs). The main goal of this platform is to help CPGs sell more and lose less. Additionally, it helps optimize in-store operations, helps to increase revenue and reduces losses. The platform is based on advanced analytics and industry expertise. It is successfully used to build solid and complex solutions for the world’s largest retailers and CPGs.
The purpose of this role is to deliver high-quality data solutions for the product and project engineering teams. Our data engineering includes creating and maintaining data pipelines, orchestration, data wrangling, and SQL to support existing and new client deliveries,along with a growing focus on product engineering. Working alongside other engineers in a cross-functional squad, you’ll contribute to design, architecture, and implementation.
In this role, you’ll get to
- Contribute to the next iteration of our data pipelines, working to increase our capabilities and develop features that ensure client data is processed quickly and reliably through our systems.
- Develop applications and tools with clean and maintainable code that match our coding standards.
- Build and support traditional and cloud-native technologies to build and run scalable, manageable, and resilient applications.
- Automate to accelerate while, eliminating redundant and manual steps to get things done, so that every engineer in the team can focus on the things that engineers do best.
- Develop secure operation ready production code.
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them. Contribute and solve problems.
- Use your intuitive nature, high level of curiosity, and passion to learn and build new things.
- Professional experience in database (SQL) code management
- Demonstrable data engineering and implementation experience, in both design and operations
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Proficiency in database programming and querying language
- MS SQL Server, MS SQL Server Integration Services, DBA awareness, Transact-SQL
- MS Azure SQL database
- Dealing with large datasets experience
- Data Build Tool (DBT) experience
- Snowflake experience
- Familiarity with Agile project management methods, e.g. scrums, sprints, daily stand-ups
- An understanding of CI/CD practices and principles