This is a hands-on, Full Stack Java developer role that focuses on the development and maintenance of both our internal and customer-facing web applications (and micro-services) while running Java on the server-side.
- Developing end-user software solutions
- Developing production and scheduling software
- Participating in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Cooperatinge with employer to ensure duties comply with the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- A relevant degree in Computer Science with at least 2 years’ experience in software development
- The ability (supported by documentation) of being able to work with Java 8 or later version
- Problem solving and can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under strict time constraints
- The capacity to work under own initiative
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
Essential Technical Skills:
- At least 3 years’ experience in Java EE (Jakarta EE), SQL and Web Development technologies
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful APIs
- Understanding of Object Oriented analysis
- Knowledge of database architecture and design
- Experience with at least one of the following relational DBMS: MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL
JSF (Java Server Faces) – one of the main Java technologies we use at ChartCo
- JSF (Java Server Faces)
- EJB3 (Enterprise Java Beans)
- Responsive design
- Experience of using Eclipse / IntelliJ / Visual Studio Code development environments
- Report writing using Jasper Reports or Crystal Reports or similar
- Exposure to Java-based application-server
- Full lifecycle development and version control