Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join our growing team, working for one of our Clients, a University in the USA.
You will play an integral role in the Office of Product and Program Innovation (OPPI), collaborating with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies to support our Clients´ business objectives. You will partner with both business and technology leaders to provide a secure, scalable, flexible, agile, modern technical approach aimed at meeting our Clients´ needs in a cost-effective and responsive manner.
This role requires strong skills in cloud application ecosystem and working knowledge of software development methodologies including code profiling, regression testing, continuous integration, and push button deployments; experience with high-availability, high-performance, open-source web technologies. You are someone with strong experience in Test Automation and Performance testing who will support designing, developing, and maintaining the Test automation and performance testing suites and Frameworks. You will enforce coding standards, best practices, and provide technical support, advocate, design and implement CI/CD pipeline in cloud using containers concept.
If you enjoy working with cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced environment this opportunity is for you!
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in the IT industry
- 3-8 years of experience in software testing and test automation, with solid, demonstrable understanding of software development and testing practices
- Proficiency in programming using Python/C#/Java or other languages
- Expertise in designing and implementing automated testing solutions for enterprise applications across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers) and working with developers in building automation/performance friendly code/components
- Experience of BDD/TDD practices and automation/performance in Agile methodology is highly desirable
- Experience of testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model using well-known frameworks is desirable
- Knowledge of cloud technologies like GCP/AWS and experience in testing micro-services, containers, dockers Kubernetes
- Experience in identifying performance/load/stress testing needs, using testing tools and analysis of metrics
- Experience in performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center/Neoload, JMeter, K6 and K8
- Experience in monitoring, profiling, and tuning tools e.g., pytest CA Wily Introscope, Datadog, AppDynamics, etc.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to coordinate with technical/non-technical stakeholders
- Strong understanding for utilizing native cloud technologies for user management, security, costing and tools (nice to have)
- Broad in-depth understanding for onboarding applications into IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings, deployment automation, DevOps, scripting, containers, and cloud governance (nice to have)
- Strong background in Terraform (nice to have)
- Familiarity with Python language (nice to have)