At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
If you are passionate about building scalable software services that handle tens of billions of low latency requests per day, come join us! Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably). In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes’ Best Startups and Great Places to Work, and the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work. We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 50,000 apps.
- Helping to build and shape the next generation of Branch’s APIs and backend systems
- Influencing and driving best practices and technical excellence within your team and across the Branch organization
- Scoping, defining and leading design and implementation across multi-functional teams. Taking vague product requirements and being responsible for breaking them down into smaller components ,displaying committed prioritization and coordination
- Working with the QA team to ensure the features you’re shipping are of high quality; rolling up your sleeves and writing both unit and integration tests
- Mentoring other team members and contributing to team growth
- Learning something new every week, whether it’s a new technology, unfamiliar platform or a quirk of a language .
- 6+ years’ professional experience building scalable backend systems and API gateways
- Strong experience in Java, Kotlin, Node.js and ability to dive into any language or technology
- Strong experience in building and maintaining API gateways
- Experience with nginx and lua is a strong plus
- Experience building and scaling node.js applications is a strong plus
- Experience with databases like Postgres and familiarity with Redis and Kafka
- Experience working with modern cloud-based microservice architectures
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Ability to write readable and testable code
- High attention to detail and a strong desire to continually improve
- Availability in afternoon hours one day a week (17.00-18.00)
- CI/CD processes
- No SQL