Senior Data Governance Analyst
Our partner encourages creativity, values innovation, demands teamwork, expects accountability, and cherishes results. If you are in charge, take initiative, and get stuff done individually, we want to talk to you! We have high aspirations for the company and are looking for the right people to help fulfill the dream. We strive to continually improve every aspect of the company and use cutting-edge technologies and processes to delight our customers and rapidly increase revenues.
- IDENTIFY NEEDS & RECOMMEND SOLUTIONS: Develop and implement the guidelines for data standards and procedures, as well as coding structures, data models, and database designs that ensure wide access to high integrity datasets.
- DEVELOP DATA STRATEGY & GAIN ACCESS TO DATA: Develop strategic plans to access appropriate and necessary data sources to support analyses and gain access to data through collaboration and/or data generation.
- DIVE INTO DATA QUALITY: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with to help enhance data quality. Foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility, advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately and accurately. Conduct regular data cleaning efforts to rid the system of old, outdated, duplicate and/or conflicting data.
- DEVELOP INTO AN EXPERT IN APPLYING METHODS: Become familiar with and adopt appropriate analytical methodologies, data hygiene checks and error validation tools and applications to ensure relevant and impactful approaches; pursue technical training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills and make recommendations for iterative improvements.
- CONTRIBUTE TO BODY OF KNOWLEDGE: Develops and implements strategies to translate business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable data warehouse designs to ensure that business needs are met. Develop new functional relationships; break down and clearly explain business processes in place; explore new technologies and techniques. Share these insights with the broader team.
- PRODUCE HIGH QUALITY ANALYSIS: Apply rigor in analytical design and methods, plan for data processing and querying many types of data sources, design an appropriate analysis and recommendation plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability across stakeholder units, implement and/or oversee analyses from start to finish, including data cleanup, systems design, and impact reporting.
- INTERPRET AND SHARE RESULTS: Communicate findings to stakeholders and functional partners, understand end-user needs, and create effective communication strategies for largest business impact
- Experience working with Snowflake or cloud data platforms
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a data management, data governance, or data analyst role
- Intermediate to advanced SQL and experience working with relational databases, python experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Science, Data Management, Computer Science, or related
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics
- Skills in data administration, design, and data architecture
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in data exploration: working in the data and with stakeholders to determine the potential use and value of a new dataset, as well as developing the data model that can deliver that value
Additional skills – the edge you have
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and unstructured work environment
- Passion to learn technical tools, business processes, and develop soft skills
- Project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams of varying complexity