Our client’s mission is to stop organizations from overpaying for the software they use They help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through the delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today they are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions, with staff all over the world. To sustain their explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join our organization.
We are on a journey to transform our market-leading offering to cloud-native microservices delivered as a SaaS service. A key part of this transformation is to create a state-of-the-art operations team to manage the solutions across a variety of cloud platforms.
This role will suit an experienced visionary of the SRE and DevOps worlds who can lead our push into the SaaS space. The technology stack will evolve continuously in the coming years, moving from a combination of microservices and virtual machines to a fully microservices-based architecture. The SRE will work very closely with the technology, product and operations leads to define the path we take for the next 3-5 years. This position offers a lot of freedom and a lot of responsibility.
The development teams focus heavily on ownership and the quality aspects of the development cycle, so, the developer of each service is responsible for ensuring that relevant monitoring, alerting and logging capabilities are built into the service and that automated test suites are continuously updated. The SRE will work closely with the development teams to ensure that the service delivery pipeline, monitoring and health checks are fully automated.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the leading cloud technologies and methodologies, as well as being a key player in the definition and implementation of our SaaS offering.
Who we are looking for:
- An SRE visionary, who knows which technologies will be the next big thing in SRE and why
- A self-starter, able to architect, build, drive and advocate for our SRE solution
- Experience and capability to take a whiteboard discussion to a finished process or solution through collaboration
- Someone who has experience working with multiple stakeholders on different levels, from C-level executives to developers
- Background working in agile, iterative development environment spanning the globe
- A passion for improving and a desire to work in a strong culture of empowerment and responsibilities
- Participating in architecting and implementing our cloud infrastructure
- Ensuring availability, scalability and resilience of our SaaS platform and services
- Decreasing overall lead time from idea to customer service
- Providing continuous feedback from the services and applications back to developers
- Evangelizing SRE and DevOps through workshops and training sessions
- Assisting in documenting and implementing processes, workflows, user manuals and presenting to stakeholders when necessary
- 2+ years’ experience at the architect level
- 5+ years’ experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer, or as a developer in SaaS based/enterprise applications
- Previous experience within an SRE, DevOps, Agile Development or Systems Engineering / automation role
- Development experience in .NET Core, ARM, PowerShell, Bash, Ansible, Python
- Broad technical and working knowledge of microservices toolchain, Kubernetes, docker, Windows, Linux, Prometheus, Grafana, NATS, Azure, AWS, SQL Server
- Ability to be on-call when needed