Test Automation Engineer
Our client operates with the goal of providing the most accurate sports probabilities to some of the largest wagering groups worldwide, providing sophisticated modeling services and wagering execution software to a small number of private clients. Employees work closely with their clients to oversee a global trading operation. More recently, our client has leveraged these assets and expertise to provide a market-leading Risk Management service for racing.
- Start the new automation harness as the current one is obsolete (BDD scenarios can be reused);
- Support, review and improve automated tests done by the other developers;
- Manual test if needed.
- Experience with both enterprise and open-source test tools
- 4+ years’ experience in QA, of which 2+ years’ experience working with test automation tools;
- Independent, can easily start from scratch and setup an automation harness using the Java stack;
- A technical background—a BSc or equivalent in IT/Engineering/Science or a related discipline, as well as four years of professional experience in IT;
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in defining and building automated test cases (e.g., using Gherkin/Cucumber, Selenium, or Postman, among others);
- Excellent interpersonal skills for communicating at all levels;
- Good English, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of various development methodologies, such as Agile, TDD, and Waterfall;
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
- Experience with Java, Gherkin/Cucumber, Rest Assured;
- Understanding of Behavior and Test-Driven Development;
- Experience working with version control systems;
- Experience mentoring developers in writing better IT, SIT, etc.;
- Automation: 90%; manual: 10% (some cases might not be possible to automate);
- Sports betting knowledge.